1.- You have to post these rules
2.- Each person has to share 13 things about them
3.- Answer the 13 questions asked to you and invent 13 questions the people you tag will have to answer
4.- Choose 13 people
5.- Go to their page to inform them they are tagged
6.- Not something like "you are tagged if you read that"
7.- You have to legitimately tag 13 people.
8.- You can't say that you don't do tags.
9.- Tag-backs are ALLOWED
10.-YOU MUST MAKE A JOURNAL ENTRY. NO COMMENTS. Unless you're commenting about the actual entry.
11.- You have to finish this within a week. If not; you'll have to do whatever the creator tells you to. Art, rp, etc.
12.- Be creative with the title. No "I've Got Tagged" things.
13.- Cussing is ALLOWED
Well, the amulet says that's a stupid idea so we're not gonna do that.
Legit though, I'm not gonna follow, like, half those rules. But anyway. Facts. Hm.
1. I have intermittently been going by JJ online for ten years.
2. The name was originally a shortened version of my musicals.net username, JellicleJule (in reference to Cats and Guys & Dolls respectively)
3. I have always felt disconnected and outright averse to my given name. Like, funny story, my elementary school offered certain opportunities only to fifth-graders, and literally the only reason I didn't try out to do the morning announcements was because I would have to introduce myself every morning. I still hate introducing myself/saying my name aloud.
4. Which brings me back to JJ. I am at the moment deciding what it stands for, and am taking suggestions. I've signed off on a couple things as 'Jasper Jay', so that's in the running?
5. Speaking of J names, though no longer of me, Jael is my favorite woman of the Bible probably. Read her story and tell me that's not awesome. Shoutouts also go to Deborah (a prophet and judge) and Miriam (why did nobody teach us that Moses' sister was a prophet holy crap).
6. This past fall I was involved in brainstorming/writing for a play about Biblical women and connecting their (oft-untold) stories to those of women today. Unfortunately, I ran out of money and could not return to school to perform in or even see what the show became. (The sessions involved some writing, some improv, and 'story circles' where we shared personal experiences based on topics related to whoever we covered that night. It was intense.)
7. I skipped the first grade. Y'all may know that, but it's practically Self Facts 101.
8. Sailor Moon was formative for me in a lot of ways, and it will always have a tender place in my heart.
9. However, I have a more passionate love for shonen anime. Occasionally moody psychodramas are just what the doctor ordered (I am looking directly at you Gundam Wing), but the way straight to my heart, and to get me to excitedly ramble for a hundred years, seems to be hot-blooded protagonists and the power of friendship (G Gundam, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Outlaw Star, to a lesser extent Dragonball Z). Bonus points, apparently, for OUTER SPACE.
10. G Gundam in particular is my jam pretty hardcore right now. Not sure how long it will last before I am disheartened once again by having nobody to talk about it with
11. Speaking of formative things! Whatever I may think of Frank Miller these days, and whatever criticisms may be lobbied against The Dark Knight Returns, I was absolutely enchanted with Carrie Kelley as a little geekling, starting with the very concept of a girl Robin and going from there (oh my lord the things I could say about her dynamic with Bruce !!!).
12. I have the biggest crush on Darren Dunstan's voice. YouTube "Face Up Face Down" from the Yu-Gi-Oh! soundtrack and tell me I'm wrong.
13. I have a list of potential tattoo ideas. So far, I have Gene Starwind's arm tat, the Sailor Starlights' brooch, a Shuffle Alliance crest (probably in UV ink), and a quote from The Scarlet Letter. (For the curious: "Write! Preach! Act! Do anything, save to lay down and die!")
Now, for the questions Yoruhoshi tagged me for.
1. So how many times now have you done this journal tag (or one similar)?
I generally manage to avoid it, I think? xD
2. We always have at least one friend who is the best at coming up with ship names for pairings. Who is that friend in your life?
I have been informed by multiple people that this is, in fact, me.
3. What is your favorite gaming system/platform?
BAHAHAHAHAHA, um, arcade shooters?
4. Do you ever get annoyed when a deviant favorites a lot of your work regularly but never adds you to their watchlist?
5. Show me a handful of your favorite dA stamps?
Well, I just so happen to have a stamp sidebar... that has a lot of broken links. :C Will have to take an hour or two and redo that, I think.
6. How often do you mess around with the layout of your dA profile?
It's been a bit. I may do that.
7. How many people on dA do you have on your watchlist? (Here's a tip for getting the exact number: dA counts all the groups you are in as "people you watch". Find your watchlist number, then look at the number of groups you are in. Subtract the "groups" number from the total watchlist number, and what is left is the actual number of people you watch.)
I have been here... ten, eleven years? Whatever number I come up with is going to be both obscenely large and inaccurate, as I have many accounts that actually are groups from before the dA group feature was a thing. Also because it would take a hundred years to sift through and get rid of all the people I don't actively follow/are no longer on dA, so.
8. What is an idea you have for an art piece that you really want to make but are (for any reason) unable to do right now?
I have quite a few things that I just haven't the time to sit down and get in the mood to work on. Particularly the top two on this list that has been untouched, oops. (I'm learning I need to be in a dark mood to make progress on Break Me Shake Me. Ughhh. However, I'm intimidated by Heart in Spades too, mostly for the reasons that I outlined in Fact #10 above.)
9. Tell me about an odd encounter you have had with a stranger. It doesn't necessarily have to be positive or negative, just odd.
I'm having trouble coming up with odd encounters, rather than just bad. Bad I have plenty of. I work with customers, after all. There was the guy who tried to police a total stranger's food stamp purchases, the one who told me that my major wouldn't have to exist if people spanked their kids, the one who yelled at me for five minutes about how I personally was a crook because his drinks were more expensive here than down the street, the parade of older dudes who offer to buy me dinner (and occasionally a car) if they win the lottery, the younger dudes who hit on me solely to make their buddies laugh... oh, okay, here we go! How's this for odd: kid comes up to my register, can't be more than 14 years old, and that's stretching it. He comes to me, wordlessly, with condoms. Magnums. Child, you are like twelve, what do you need extra-large condoms for. You can probably fit one of those over your entire arm. I mean, I sold them, because I didn't have any legit reason to refuse the sale, but dude. An older coworker later on had a similar experience, and asked if they were for a water balloon fight, and could she join.
10. Even if it's not your top favorite song, what is a song that you have listened to frequently in the past week, and has it inspired you to make art based off of it?
I have not been inspired to make anything this week, actually, but I have been listening to lots of things, trying to put playlists together so that I may bring the muse for things when I actually have the time to do so. (I accidentally wound up blindsided by KelLion-O feels out of the wild blue yonder, thanks to shuffling my YouTube favorites and getting "At The Beginning" in stereo. If that counts.)
11. Besides dA, what are a couple of other websites you routinely visit?
Mostly tumblr, though I float around fanfiction.net depending on what fandom I'm feeling. I'm also an internet radio junkie.
12. What fictional character is your newest precious cinnamon roll addition to your favorite fictional babbus?
Well, not new, but renewed, anyway. And that would be this street rat-turned-prizefighter, the boisterous bruiser with a heart of gold and eyes on the American Dream, holding rank Queen of Spades in the renowned Shuffle Alliance, G Gundam's Chibodee Crockett!! (For an interesting tidbit, re: anime hair and characterization, the purple is natural, but the pink is dyed.)
13. What is a dessert you have never had but wish to try?
I keep meaning to try tiramisu.